Every three to four years the NTEU campaigns to improve working conditions through enterprise bargaining. The NTEU Latrobe branch has recently negotiated a new enterprise agreement with the University.
What we maintained and achieved for casual staff members:
- Leave provisions for casual employees (conditions apply)
- Entitlement to the benefits of workers compensation leave and make-up pay
- Scholarly teaching fellow positions for casual academic staff
- Full payments of underpayments to casual staff
- Conversion to secure work rights for casual professional staff
- Overtime pay casual professional staff
Thanks to the delegates, activists, members, and the branch staff who made this possible by working tirelessly for months.
NTEU Latrobe branch is running lunchtime seminars for casual staff members to give information about rights while employed by the University. This is an opportunity to find out about your employment conditions and to meet fellow casual academic staff.
The seminars will be held at Bendigo campus on 11th April, with Mildura, Shepparton, and Albury Wodonga campuses linked in via video conference. We encourage you to attend the meetings and don't forget to share this with other casual staff members. A light lunch will be provided at each campus, so please RSVP for catering purposes. Also, please specify in the comment box below which campus will you be attending for the meeting.
|Day and Date||Campus and Venue|
|Wednesday 11th April
12 noon - 2 pm
Bendigo (Flora Hill) - HHS1 room 201
Albury Wodonga - AW-4-4211
Mildura - BGR - 135
Shepparton - Learning space 4