Every three to four years the NTEU campaigns to improve working conditions through enterprise bargaining. The NTEU Latrobe branch has recently negotiated a new enterprise agreement with the University.
What we maintained and achieved for casual staff members:
- Leave provisions for casual employees (conditions apply)
- Entitlement to the benefits of workers compensation leave and make-up pay
- Scholarly teaching fellow positions for casual academic staff
- Full payments of underpayments to casual staff
- Conversion to secure work rights for casual professional staff
- Overtime pay casual professional staff
Thanks to the delegates, activists, members, and the branch staff who made this possible by working tirelessly for months.
NTEU Latrobe branch is running lunchtime seminars for casual staff members to give information about rights while employed by the University. This is an opportunity to find out about your employment conditions and to meet fellow casual academic staff.
The seminar will be held at Bundoora campus on April 12th March. We encourage you to attend the meetings and don’t forget to share this with other casual staff members. A light lunch will be provided at each campus, so please RSVP for catering purposes.
|Day and Date||Campus||Venue|
|Thursday 12th April
12 noon - 2 pm